Quarantine Day 12
Week 2. Day 5.
Today was the day, you guys! I have officially been symptom free for 72 hours and so isolation quarantine can officially become stay-at-home quarantine. Which means I’m allowed to leave the house for essential reasons only, of course. And to run. I can leave the house to run!!
1. And when one is allowed to leave the house and see human beings after almost two weeks, rose gold sparkly shoes seemed to fit the occasion. #allthingssparkly #yesplease
2. Of course I needed a good reason to leave my house. And so obviously I needed some things from my office today. This was a comforting sight. #ilovemyjob #mostofthetime
3. Got myself one of these. Just a nice reminder that the church isn’t a building, it’s the people. South friends, these are waiting for you to put in your yard! They are currently outside of Entrance #3 (gym). Swing by sometime this week and get yours… and post a picture on Facebook tagging South so we can see it! #ilovemychurch
4. I’ve got to be honest. I was pretty excited about being able to leave my house today. Shocking, I’m sure. And so obviously where excitement is, expectations aren’t far behind. I don’t know what I was expecting, but today wasn’t it. So. Many. Feels. My day involved a lot of anxiety, amongst other things. I was weirdly anxious about leaving. I haven’t wrapped my head around why yet. And then, weirdly anxious when I had to come back home to be alone in my house again. I hate being home alone so that one didn’t really surprise me. But why, after two weeks, that one decided to surface again, I’m not entirely sure. I couldn’t help but be overwhelmed with the fact that….. I don’t want to live in a world where everyone wears a mask. Or where human contact is scary. Or where we can’t gather together in groups. In fact, I kind of just want to run away. Anyone else?!? Ultimately, I know truth. I know that there’s a bigger picture and this is just a moment. I know that so many out there are dealing with a way harsher reality than me (all hospital workers! and those sick!) And I know that for many eternity is at stake. And so while I may struggle with anxiety and unmet expectations, my prayer is that ultimately we all can use this to share with others where hope is actually found.
5. But while reality is still so harsh...the game of dress up continues. Have I mentioned that I love dresses?!? #dressesfordays
#quarantine #quarantine2020 #day12 #stayhomestaysafe